Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"The Eetsy-Weetsy-Artsy-Craft Hour"

Here I go, organizing pictures and blogging recent history. I feel like I'm making headway, too, which must mean that I'm spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on the computer.

But I digress.

It has been a very rainy year, so we had a lot of chilly days spent inside. On one such day, I popped out the paints and set up an art moment. I really should do it more often. After all, we ARE homeschoolers. And I have all the supplies to do this sort of a thing on a regular basis. But it's SUCH a mess to clean up, and I have to be on hand and vigilant during the entire "eetsy-weetsy-artsy-crafts hour" (as my mom always called it) to avert any pending disasters, that it's just not fun for me.

Here's what happened this time around:Gabriella painted a lovely scene of a corn field with sunflowers, which turned out so nicely, we took it to the Family Reunion for her to show and tell.
Lucy spent half an hour picking out her colors, and then painted a tiger
Eliza painted....something. Her favorite part was changing the color of her paint brush rinse water
Yvette painted herself (good thing I thought about that and took off her shirt...)
...and the table (good thing it's easy-clean-up, washable paint)
So I threw that painted lady in the bathtub
where she promptly drank the water

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard as I read this...loved the progression of the story, with the pictures and your words...and remembering how much I hate kids and paint! Separately, they're great. Together, not so much.

Jan said...

Still smiling. Yvette is a true artist! Love it.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I hate cleaning up paint too! We have to do it for Ben's therapy so it is a necessary evil in this household too! I feel your pain!