Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Monday, July 14, 2008

We Are Sewing, Daily Sewing

Not that I like sewing. I mean, I like the end result, and it's neat to be able to say, "yeah, I made that". But the act of sewing...the pinning and cutting and transferring of markings, the stitching and ripping out of the stitching, not to even get started on trying to decipher "pattern speak". Ugh. It does NOT feed my soul.

But the last of my sisters is getting married in the Nauvoo temple next month. Her colors are white and sunshine yellow with spring green accent. Here is the dress she picked out for her twelve nieces (and one niece-in-law):

It's the one on the left. Only the sash will be yellow, and it's supposed to have sleeves, and she wants the bottom ruffle taken off.

No problem.

Except I have to sew four of them.

Good thing I like her.

3 comments:

Jan said...

It is a good thing you like her for sure! Sewing isn't on my list of abilities, let alone talents. I'm impressed that you are even willing (and able) to tackle this one. I'd love to see pics of the finished products - -it's such a cute dress.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Make sure you take pictures! That is an adorable dress! And, I didn't know you could sew - what talent!

Kelli said...

I thought you told me 9 of them? It it's only 4, that is a huge relief!