Then, we left on vacation. Lucy lost one of the them towards the end, in Tucson. Then she lost-lost it (as in, can't find it and give it to the Tooth Fairy), darn it. And after we got home - like two days after we got home - she started complaining that the remaining one was hurting her. So I called the dentist promptly, and got her in on an emergency visit that afternoon. (side note: when Mark got home for his lunch break, I told him she had an appointment. He said, "oh, she doesn't need a dentist!" and promptly pulled it out of her mouth...I took her in anyway, mostly because I felt guilty that I had blown it off back in May when she first caught the swing with her teeth.)
I explained to Dr. Gardner the whole story. He looked at everything, and the x-rays. Apparently, there's no problem at all. Lucy's adult teeth are already growing in, and chances are good that those two teeth were already a little loose before the swing took a whack at her. Then he showed me a couple more that are a little wiggly. Huh. Go figure. She's just barely six, so I wasn't expecting loose teeth for several more months, if not a year (that's what Hyrum and Gabba did, after all). But the good doctor said she was right on track. And I'm glad. Because just this Tuesday, we were visiting with some friends, and one of their kids whacked Lucy in the face and knocked another tooth loose. So much for corn on the cob this summer, eh?
3 comments:
Ouch. That poor kid -- just the thought of the swats in the face make me hurt for her! So glad there was no serious, long-term issue from it all.
Lucy is gorgeous. All of your girls are gorgeous. I love the family picture with the Saguaros. It was fun to visit with you tonight, as always. I have always been blessed with great friends.
Oh my goodness - maybe you should start making her wear a football helmet! Does your tooth fairy give extra money for teeth that were knocked out? Mine growing up did. Unfortunately, I was always the one knocking my cousin's teeth out, so I never got any extra money!
Post a Comment